Saturday, February 2, 2008

DAM good art (the Denver Art Museum)



Jon, Abby and I met up with our good friend Dave and drove down to Denver. Dave got his master's in painting at CSU a couple years ago, and was one of the first friends we met in Fort Collins. It was a perfect day to go to the Denver Art Museum because every first Sat. is free for CO residents. The visiting exhibit was Color As Field. It was one of the best exhibits I've seen. Abby really liked it too, and she was such a good girl all day!



This was one of her favorite artists:



Here's one I liked:



Between exhibits, we went to lunch at a tasty place called Dozens. After walking around the DAM, we went to a huge art supply store where Jon and Dave were like artists in an art supply store, wait... But Abby and I just wandered and wandered. When I was a little relieved to exit the store, Dave said it must have been like going to a fabric shop with his sisters! We have lots of fun with Dave, and we're glad he's a professor nearby so he and Jon can do their artsy stuff together.



When Dave came to our house he brought Abby a cute barn with animals. She especially loves the horse, and Oscar especially loves the barn! Thank you Dave!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go there! Yesterday, Dad went to the MFA (I wasn't feeling great) and saw a new exhibit about abstract-impressionism. He loved it and even bought 2 books about it. He wants to take you there when you come in a couple of weeks!!

Cicely said...

Abby is so cute. And getting so big. I'm guessing Oscar is your cat. He is cute too.
I can't believe you know the Keiths. We are staying wtih them when we go out to look for houses in Erie. How funny! How do you know them?

Cicely said...

I totally will be. Lets make a date. I'll invite Abby. It will be like old times again! Love it.

Cicely said...

Scratch that. I just remembered that Abby doesn't live here anymore. I just got so excited that I forgot that my best friend lives like 10 states away. But, we can still do it!

Heidi said...

That does look like a fantastic exhibit! And the tent looks so cute!

Julie said...

So, our RS just started a book club, and I was wondering what you have read in yours...

becca said...

HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!!!!!!!! I would love for you to stop by! I am so happy you are coming to visit again so soon.

P.S. I love the picture of Oscar in the barn! What a fun cat! Oh and Abby is pretty dang cute too!