The Detroit Zoo is actually in a town called Royal Oak. We loved Royal Oak. It has a downtown area that reminded us of Old Town Fort Collins, so we're hoping to find a place nearby.
The zoo was really big and we had perfect weather. Some of the cool things about it are the Butterfly Pavilion, Penguinarium, Polar Bear tunnel, and the kangaroos that run around free while you have to stick to the human path. The kangaroo footage didn't turn out. My favorite animals were the bear-cat and the anteater, both on video...

6 comments:
That was so fun! I can't wait to visit that zoo with you guys! I also can't wait to see you in May!!
That looks very fun. We went to the Hogle zoo in SLC, Sally liked the elephants best.
May?? I thought it was July. Are you coming in May?! Michigan looks like a pretty cool place. I hope I get to come visit sometime.
That zoo looks amazing. When we come visit you can we go there too? I like the overhead acquarium. Your little anteater looks like she had a good time.
That zoo looks amazing. When we come visit you can we go there too? I like the overhead acquarium. Your little anteater looks like she had a good time.
I loved the music, Em! Your slideshow was cute. That zoo looks a lot neater than the one we have here, and I must admit I'm still a little nervous about the SF Zoo....
Post a Comment