Thursday, April 10, 2008

The way we were 53 months ago

I'm so proud of Jon. He worked so hard these past three years at Colorado State. He just turned in his thesis; it was accepted and he passed! Now we get to look forward to the opening in May where his art will be showcased. I didn't know what adventures we would have when we got married, but I knew he would take us somewhere great. I'm really looking forward to our next adventure and I can't wait to see the things Jon will accomplish.

Here were are at the Spiral Jetty at the Great Salt Lake when we were engaged:




Here's a work in progress. Notice how Jon helps me with my "shoe" near the end of this video. I had forgotten to pack my shoes with my wedding dress, so I had to wear my temple slippers outside for pictures. It was soooo cold and they kept slipping off, but I'm glad we have some cute footage of that.

8 comments:

Cicely said...

Awe. You guys are MFEO.

becca said...

Crazy how fast time goes! You guys are a cute couple!

Eric & Laura said...

How fun! I'm just so sad that we live so far apart...we could have so much fun together!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so perfect for each other! I am also extremely proud of Jon and how hard he works to accomplish his goals. He is awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing his show next month!

Julie said...

It is so strange to look back at where we started. It seems like no time has passed at all, but when we see how far we have come you can see just how much we have changed...

Heidi said...

That really is fun to watch. I will never forget when I met Jon for the first time (in Mom's family room--you and Jon were on the computer) or when you called to tell me you were engaged (I was fiddling around with kids' stuff in Audrey's old room) or when you called to tell me you and Jon were having a baby (I was ironing in our family room). I've always thought Jon was your Mr. Right and that you two are great to each other and wonderful parents to Abby. Can't wait to see more of that "work in progress" and to hear all about your upcoming adventures! XOXOX

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

I love that! Jon has such a huge smile on his face, you both look so in love and happy to be married.

dave&abby johnson family said...

You guys are so cute! So glad you found each other you look so happy and in love! How are you I feel like I have not talk or heard from you in awhile.