It took me a lot longer than I expected to get this short video together, because I was waiting to get footage of the finished project when it was perfectly clean. (The kitchen was completed around March.) Well, I gave up on perfectly clean, settling on moderately tidy, so here it is. I love my new kitchen every day I'm in it. Jon put it all together with little help. I'm lucky to have a handy man in the house.
Notice:
The water heater in the corner of the old kitchen. Not recommended for a number of reasons, one is that Abby kept turning off our hot water making chilly showers for us. (we now have a tankless in the laundry room)
The window to the laundry room in the old kitchen. That wall used to be the end of the house. Previous owners closed in a back porch, turning it into a laundry room.
The difference between dark blue to cream to Pumpkin Patch colored walls.
Ikea's genius sliding cabinets and organizing system. (I think my Mom is in love with these)
Track lighting in the new kitchen (not so easy to install)
8 comments:
I would love working in your kitchen too! What fun!
Holy Cow! I haven't been there since it was a skeleton kitchen. It looks sooo great. Jon is amazing! You guys chose a cool paint color and i love the cabinets and countertops you picked out too. Great job.
Gotta love IKEA! I actually have the exact same sink and faucet. Your kitchen looks AMAZING!
Gorgeous! Way to go Jon! It's so much fun to be able to really make a space your own! I can't wait until we own a house and can do the same! Looks like the old saying "you either get a husband who's helpful, or handy" is not true!
WOW I LOVE it! I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the Ikea cabinet also. The color is awesome. It just brightens up the place. I also love the sink. My friend has that sink and I have always thought it was neat. Great Job. Also thanks for the tips on the rice cereal. He is getting better. It totally does depend on what spoon I use and I never would have thought of that.
You're right - I AM in love with those cabinets! I'm going to marry them.
That is awesome! I'm super jealous. It is soooo cute! And I love the color.
I'm so glad I got to visit you and see that cool kitchen for myself! Watching that video brought back memories--including the tasty Brazilian Stroganoff you made in that kitchen. Fabulous kitchen and fabulous cook! XOXOX!
Post a Comment