Monday, January 18, 2010

Abby's monkey party


Abby had a marvelous monkey party last month for her 3rd birthday complete with vines, bananas, monkey dancing, a banana eating contest, and monkey cake. She was the perfect birthday girl, nice, courteous, grateful, and silly. Her friends were fun and loud and hungry. They ate a ton of ranch Chex mix and graham cracker bugs. I couldn't have kept the party going without the few parents that stayed and helped, and it was fun to have them too. I think we ended up having a dozen or so kids and half a dozen adults in our tiny space. One thing I learned, never try to make a craft with a range of kids between 3 and 12 years old. It was a whirlwind, and I can't believe I have a three-year-old now!

7 comments:

DB Flagship Store said...

I can't believe my baby girl is 26! Cute cake!

Stacey said...

way cute! what a fun party! i love the photo collage... that's a great idea! happy birthday abby!

Cicely said...

well done. It looks super cute.

ps. A lot of times I will look at my Baby Faye and I think- she looks just like Abby when she was a a baby. Isn't that funny?

Heidi said...

I love the cake, too! It would have been fun come to the party!

valumama said...

happy birthday. cute. what was the craft?

Maren said...

I was so exasperated by the terrible smog which exacerbated my condition.

How's that?

And happy birthday to miss Abby.

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

So fun! I love the cake.