Sunday, May 27, 2007

Have you tried?



They're really tasty, and somewhat sweet. I think they would be very delicious with Heidi's artichoke dip!
I hope it's ok with her that I post the recipe... I don't think she would mind. I make it all the time for pot lucks and gatherings. Did I tell you about the time I brought it to a CSU picnic and people totally dismissed the bread rounds I brought and ate it like a casserole?! They love it though, and everyone wanted the recipe. Someone in my ward told me a similar story of a bishop who saw that no one was eating the butterscotch pudding someone brought to a ward function. So he took a big scoop to be nice and took a big goopey bite. It turned out to be thousand island dressing. Mmmmm.


ARTICHOKE DIP
(2) 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup Parmesan
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
add ins: thawed, drained spinach, Tabasco sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning to taste.

combine everything and spread in glass baking pan. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Serve with Baguette rounds, celery, or TOSTITOS FLOUR TORTILLA CHIPS

4 comments:

The Myers Family said...

Love that dip! And leftover dip tastes really good when you spread it on bread slices and broil them for a minute or two...

Katie said...

The dip sounds great, but the chips sound awfully poisonous . . . . .

Elise said...

I love that artichoke dip. I could really eat dips every day. I'm going to try those chips. Mmmm... so tasty!!

Anonymous said...

Tried 'em - Yummy!!