Monday, January 28, 2008

In Memory ~ Our Prophet

"There is no place in this work for those who believe only in the gospel of doom and gloom. The gospel is good news. It is a message of triumph. It is a cause to be embraced with enthusiasm." President Gordon B. Hinckley from Stay the Course: Keep the Faith


Gordon B. Hinckley
June 23, 1910 - January 27, 2008



It's beautiful outside today. If just for today, I can open our windows and let the sunshine and clean air refresh our home. It reminds me so much of our Prophet, full of hope and love and happiness. So many of us are better because of his influence. He loved us and wanted us to come closer to Christ and find happiness in His gospel. I'll miss him, but I am glad he can be reunited with his wife and continue his great work in Heaven.

4 comments:

The Myers Family said...

That's a neat little slideshow, Em. I feel the same way....

Anonymous said...

OH, that was so sweet! I got all teared-up again! Wasn't he just the most outstanding person? He made me even more proud to be a member of the church than I ever was before! What a great example!!

Julie said...

I love that quote by President Hinckley. It is just the perfect example of who he was!

Julie

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

I am glad that he is with cute Marjory again! He missed her so much. President Hinckley was so amazing, he really changed the way a lot of people saw "mormons". I will tell my children and grandchildren someday that I shook his hand.