Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh no, not me!

I bought and read the book Twilight in the same day; now I can't wait to read the next books, get an autographed copy, see the movie... I'm in trouble!

I'm... becoming a Twilighter.

As much as I enjoyed reading the book though, I'm a bigger fan of its writer.
I'm inspired by Stephenie Meyer's talent of taking a dream she had one night and turning it into a novel, then three more novels out of love she has for her characters. She also has a sweet personality, and seems truly excited about everything that's come from her success while staying modest about it all. Does that tell you how many videos I've seen online about the Twilight series? Oh well.

Stephenie Meyer

Good Company: Elise and Katie

10 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

I have not heard of this. I guess I am going to have to read the book. I love that picture of Abby on the swing she is so stinking cute. & is that your new house? CUTE!! Are you guys there yet?

Julie said...

I just put my name on the wait list at the library for her new book. My sister just read it and said it was as good as the twilight series. I will admit, I was skeptical at first about a book about vampires, but have really liked her books as well.

Your house is cute! When do you move in?

Anonymous said...

That is a darling header! I just want to kiss the back of her neck! Maybe I'll listen to "Twilight" on my iPod...

caron said...

I have been a twilighter for quite a while now, and I just love her writing! I just read her new book and I really liked it. It was a little predictable, but still really fun to read.

Elise said...

Ha ha-- that is so awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I do have to warn you that the first one is the best, but you'll still like the next two. The movie looks so fun-- I can't wait!!

Eric & Laura said...

When are you guys coming? I hope you have time to get together with us...even if we just let the kids play in the yard..they'd love it!
Laura
p.s. the Gusto part was my favorite too...and when he made that cute face after he finished watermelon. lol aren't kids fun?!?

Eric & Laura said...

p.p.s. Abby just gets cuter and cuter! I sat next to Ida at church and she asked if I'd seen her adorable little grand-daughter. Isn't it fun to have proud grandparents around? I love it!

Cicely said...

It was inevitable- as it is with everyone.

I want Edward Cullen to bite me.

Emily N said...

I'm totally into it. I can't wait for the movie and upcoming books. My sister, Amy, read it, and didn't like it at all. What a crazy girl.

The Benfields said...

Thank you for saying you liked the book! I read all three books one weekend and absolutely loved them...I get teased all the time for enjoying the books, so thank you for vindicating me =) Cheramie.