That's me driving the big rig even though the gentleman at the budget rental shop didn't think I was man enough to handle it. (I was the best driver, though, honestly. Wasn't I Jenny?) Jon and I took turns with Oscar seated up front. Abby road in the car with Aunt Jenny and whoever wasn't driving the truck.
We adored Iowa's weather. It was the scariest driving experience of my life in the truck. My glasses broke while driving and I held the two pieces over my eyes with one hand while driving with the other until we reached an exit. Fun.
The absolute best part of the trip was meeting aunt Mary Jane (Ida [Jon's Mom]'s sister) and uncle Don at their home in Watervliet MI. It's just a few minutes from Lake Michigan and we witnessed fire flies for the first time. After a soul-nourishing and delicious home cooked meal and a good nights rest in their spare beds, we enjoyed walking on the beach. We can't wait to visit them again, and take them to Holland MI to see the tulips in the spring in hopes to repay them for such a kind welcome in the midst of a very stressful drive.
What would we have done without Jenny? Not made the trip, or made the trip with fistfuls of hair along the way. We had fun with her, and appreciated her every minute. She was Abby's buddy and an excellent packer/unpacker.
We finally made it after three days of drive blah drive blah drive blah, and with some help from members of our new branch (congregation), unpacked the truck. Now we're settling in and loving our house! Oscar is enjoying it too. The trip was rough for him, but he bounced back after only a few hours of coming HOME.
15 comments:
What a great story! Reading about it and seeing your cute pictures made me misty-eyed. I hope I can visit you and your very, very, very fine house soon! XOXOXOX
Oh, you cute little toonies! I am so glad you made it home save and sound. And I am so grateful to sweet Jenny for going along as your guardian angel. I love you more than Heidi. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Yay! Welcome to the neighborhood...kind of. We really are going to have to meet somewhere in the middle sometime. Glad you made it safe and sound. I think I would have been too scared to drive the moving truck even if I was the best driver in my family (which I am not!). You are a brave girl!!! Anyway, congrats, your house is very cute and we are very excited for you!!
We are so to have you officially gone! Glad we can keep in touch with the blog, though. : )
Haha... make that so SAD to have you gone. Oops.
I am impressed you drove the moving truck, I am a total wimp when it comes to those kinds of things. I'm glad you are all there safe and sound.
ad my gladness to the safeness and soundness of those already commented. when i was younger i thought being a truck driver would be the greatest job... i don't think that so much anymore, and your just confirmed that.
cute house!!! nice to have space isn't it?
Everyone needs to have a favorite money. You have a wise little girl.
Good job on the move, and your house looks just perfect. It makes me want to sing for you. ( you know the words- our house...)
glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound. driving the truck sounds like fun... until the rain and the glasses incident. i LOVE your new house. it looks so cute! you guys take care and keep us posted on the blog!
Way to go! I would have been scared out of my mind driving that big truck! I am glad you guys made it safe and sound. Your house looks really cute! I hope I get to come visit it sometime.
Oops, sorry, I guess I thought I needed to post that comment twice.
we have gone private... send us an email and we'll send an invite.
mallowiska@yahoo.com
I'm glad you guys made it! What a long drive!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute house!
Oh by the way, we would love to go to Niagara with you guys. We have actually been a couple of times, but only to the US side and we really want to ride the Maid of the Mist. Tell us when you want to go!
Post a Comment