We are Michiganders! Sort of officially. We have a house, job, we know our neighbors, our garbage and recyclables are collected each Thursday, but we don't have MI driver licenses yet. Still, we love Ferndale! We love our house, neighborhood, nearby shops, fireflies, and being so close to Lafawnduh's home town.
Downtown Ferndale Shops:
Nearby schools and parks:
Fireflies across the street:
Lafawnduh
"- I've already got a soul mate.
- Oh, yeah. What's her name again?
- Lafawnduh.
- Lafawnduh. Huh. How's she doin'?
- Well, I think I'm gonna need some time off. She's flyin' out from Detroit for a few days.
- Well, what about work? Well, haven't...haven't you studied up on the new product?
- Yes.
- Well, do you know it backwards and front?
- Basically."
We live near Woodward Avenue, which is famous for its Dream Cruise, a huge annual car show. People have been dragging their classic cars up and down Woodward all week. Ford, GM, and Chrysler set up little street fairs with food, activities, and live music on different ends of the stretch, and parking is impossible to find. Lucky for us, we're within walking distance. It's been fun seeing all the unique cars and enjoying gas guzzlers (if just for a day). Jon and I both wonder what the pollution from this event will do to our health, but it's hard not to get in the spirit of old Motor City. Everyone drives American made cars in Michigan it seems. I'm starting to buy into the patriotic flavor of this area. I might just buy a Ford next time around...
Chalkboard Car
"Carwash":
Sideways car on the way to Mustang Alley:
I have some sweet videos to share down the road. We met something famous!...
4 comments:
I'm PROUD to drive a Ford! And before that, I was PROUD to drive a Chrysler! And before that...oh, that was a Toyota, nevermind. But before that, it was a CHEVY! And before that...oh, that was another Toyota, nevermind. I can't wait to visit Motown!
Hooray for an update! I was wondering how things were going in Michigan. Sounds like a great place. I really would like to come visit. Maybe the beginning of next year. Maybe Kat could come with me. That would be fun! I am glad you are liking your new home!
We're glad you are liking your new state and town. Everythings sounds really cool. We can't wait to visit you there!
we're glad you guys are liking it so much out there. great pictures! my favorite is the chalkboard car... never seen anything like that before! i love the fireflies too! i've only seen them once in my life. i need to get out more i think! :)
Post a Comment