Disclaimer: everyone is fine!
About a week ago I called Jon during my break at work. After telling him how busy it was there, I was surprised he asked me, "Can you get a ride home from work?" I said it would be fine, why? He had just gotten into a car accident. The rest of our conversation is a blur. All I remember is that he told me that someone ran a red light and hit our car with Jon and Abby in it. They were coming home from a haircut, for Jon not Abby of course. Jon was sore in his neck and back and has headaches now and then. Abby is perfectly fine. But I lost it for a while, crying, while Jon was trying to comfort me over the phone saying that Abby was being her cute self, sucking on her hand and smiling at home. But I was so upset. I realized for the first time that there is only so much I can do to protect my sweeties. There are people in this world who make STUPID choices, and they have an influence over my child that can seem scary. I learned that I truly need to rely on Heavenly Father's love and will. I am so glad that Jon and I were sealed to each other for forever and that Abby, and our future children, will be with us too. Don't take me too seriously, but for a little while I felt like hunting down the person who hit our car, which was so bent out of shape that it couldn't be driven to the side of the road, and break his legs. Either that or yell at him for a really long time.
Just as I was typing this blog, Oscar sat on the TV remote and turned the volume way way up. It scared the heebees out of him, and he jumped straight up. Hardy har. Life's little lessons are priceless. Don't sit on the remote!
We find out tomorrow whether our car will be considered totaled or if it will be fixed up for us. At first we dreaded the possibility of having to buy a new car, but after looking at what we could replace it with we're torn! Either way, we get to visit Utah at the end of the week and visit (most of) the people we love for a whole week!
6 comments:
So glad everyone came out safe and sound. XOXOX!
That is a scary story! I am glad everyone is okay! I want to beat up the dumb driver too. I can't wait to see you guys!
That's NOTHING comparted to what a Grammuh would do to a dumb driver.....
I mean compared.
"Vengeance is mine, and I will repay." This is the Lord speaking in Mormon 3:15
Aren't you glad you don't have to worry about payback? This is one of my favorite scriptures. It reminds me of Ben-Hur.
-Andy
So scary! I don't blame you for getting emotional-- people are morons. We're so glad you guys are okay and we can't wait to see you in a couple of days!!
Post a Comment