
The Weepies are Deb Talan and Steve Tannen. The story of how they met is cute. They both had been listening to and obsessing over each other's debut CDs for a month. Deb went to hear Steve perform at a club, and he became nervous when he saw her in the crowd. They met and yadda yadda yadda, they've been playing for 4 years together. They are married and had a baby, Theo, last year.
Jon gave me The Weepies Hideaway album for an early birthday present. Their sound is so smooth and mellow, yet upbeat. They've had a couple songs on Paste magazine CDs, which is how I first heard of them. Apparently, the song All This Beauty is on the Sex and the City soundtrack. They each sing solo on their albums, but the only songs on Project Playlist feature Deb.



6 comments:
I really like these guys. But how did they pick the name "Weepies"? Dad and I are going to see the S in the C movie with the Hills tomorrow night. I'll have to listen for the song.
I like these cats.
These guys are pretty cool! The name is a little weird though. You always seem to find really cool music to introduce me to. Like Norah Jones and The Corrs. This is another good one.
P.S. Happy Birthday yesterday!
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great one. Makes me wish we were back at Zions Bank having a party! Ah the good old days huh?
Hooray for the Weepies! :)
I can't wait to share these with the girls!
Post a Comment